Green smoothies have become all the rage over the past few years for good reason. You can customize them to your specific tastebuds or dietary needs, they’re easy to make, hydrating, loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables, taste great, and best of all, kids love them. This holiday weekend why not take this green smoothie base and create fun, healthy, and refreshing frozen popsicle treats? The perfect nutritious boost for kids during these hot summer months.
Here I’ve used the Lekue Silicone Ice Pop Molds. They’re easy to fill, great for little hands, and don’t create the drippy mess that popsicles on a stick often do. Kids will love squeezing them from the bottom up like a good ol’ fashioned push-pop, you’ll love giving them a sweet treat you can feel good about…..
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1½ cups pineapple chunks
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut water
- ½ cup yogurt of choice, I use Greek but feel free to use plain or even vanilla yogurt
- Combine spinach, pinapple, banana and coconut in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Alternate pouring the mixture into the molds with small dollops of yogurt along the way. This will give it a cool swirled look.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
- Run under warm water and either push popsicle up or unmold. Serve immediately.
- If you have any puree leftover, add to a glass and grab a straw!