One of my all-time favorite snacks is a banana dipped into any variety of nut/seed butter. It’s a classic pairing I’ve loved for as long as I can remember. So it’s no wonder Audrey shares the same affection. And while we could both sit there and munch on this all day, I often try to create quick and easyFu variations that are even more fun and more yummy than the original. These little monkey bites are just that. They’re adorable, perfect for little hands, and just the right amount of sweet. Plus, they’re loaded with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, protein and fiber. All the good things to keep your little one’s satiated and feeling great.
- Banana, sliced into ½" thick rounds
- Nut/Seed Butter of choice, I use sunflower seed butter
- Dark chocolate chips
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Optional: chia seeds, wheat germ, flaxmeal
- Top banana rounds with a small dollop of nut/seed butter, sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips on top and finish with a few pinches of shredded coconut. You can also sprinkle with chia seeds, wheat germ or flax meal as an extra added health boost.